terça-feira, julho 07, 2015

Canon 100d review

Ken Roockwell on rebel sl1 aka canon 100d

The question is, how to improve quality? should I get a L lenses to step up to the next level?... my quest is in the wide zoom arena where I already have the 18-55stm and a 18-50 F2.8 tamron. and the 24stm and the 40stm...

but 17-40 L is outdated and doesn't perform well with the new >8 megapixel sensors, 2.8L are big and heavy. the new 16-35L F4 is also heavy and expensive.

maybe the new 24-70L F4 is what I need?

Ken Rockwell comparisons sl1-vs-5d-mk-iii


it seems it'll cost thousands to improve quality and improvement will be noticed mainly under special conditions: mostly with lowlight. (not really surprised here, but I expected bigger differences under better light, I'd say).

So to improve quality, the best option (for a non professional) is to spare some bucks and take more shots, learn how to use the camera (e.g. sharpening 6 and saturation 3or 4 for nature and 0 or 1 for people), avoid the lenses weakest perfomance zones (usually wider and bigger aperture for wide lenses - e.g. I avoid on my tamron 17-50 the 17mm specially with F2.8 whenever possible, and max. apertures on my 18-55 stm or 40stm. with these lenses going for a F/5.6 or F/8 we usually boost quality in reducing vigneting and cromatic aberrations and putting resolution at its best)
and get the best light (time of day, positioning).

I don't think 100d will match a 5d when dealing with noise, nor the stm lenses beat the L lenses in vigneting or chromatic aberrations but, under a resonably good light, stepping down the stm lenses away from max apertures (only one or two steps will make a big difference) I'll be close to the 5d / L lenses quality. resolution? hardly I'll spot differences, specially in center.






Sem comentários: